Yi Chunguang: inheritor of the Xibe Bow-and-Arrow Making Technique

我叫伊春光 我是锡伯族

I’m Yi Chunguang, a member of the Xibe ethnic group.

我的家乡是察布查尔锡伯族自治县

My hometown is Qapqal Xibe Autonomous County.

我是国家级非物质文化遗产项目锡伯族弓箭制作技艺的代表性传承人

I’m a representative inheritor of the Xibe Bow-and-Arrow Making Technique, a national-level project of intangible cultural heritage.

锡伯族是一个弓箭民族

Xibe is an ethnic group of bow and arrow.

我们锡伯族一直把我们的弓箭文化作为我们的民族的一个灵魂

We always consider the bow-and-arrow culture as the spirit of our ethnic group.

生一个男孩都给他挂一个小弓箭

When a boy is born, we’ll hang a set of bow and arrow for him,

期待和期望他的儿子长大以后 顶天立地保家卫国

wishing that he can grow up to be an indomitable man who can protect his home and defend his country

7、8岁的时候就做一个小弓箭

When he reaches 7 or 8, we’ll make him a set of small bow and arrow.

进场射箭叫他要熏陶

He’ll start to learn archery and will be edified (with our bow-and-arrow culture)

很多老人以前去世了

In the past, when an elder passed away,

他把陪伴了一生的弓箭都装在他的棺材里拿到天国去了

we’ll put in his coffin the bow and arrow that had accompanied him for his whole life.

这就是我们锡伯族对弓箭文化的一种钟爱和敬佩

This is how our Xibe people cherish and admire the bow-and-arrow culture.

真正锡伯族的弓是筋角弓

The real Xibe bow is made from sinew and horn.

做弓箭要按照这个《考工记》的记载是一年四季

According to Kaogong Ji (a book of diverse crafts), 在这里头将近有180多道工序 there’re around 180 steps for making a set of bow and arrow.

我做的也有200多道工序的

Some of those I've made took more than 200 steps.

一把弓射远才是它的王道

The primary aim of a bow is to help the arrow shoot farther.

很多细节都是匠人他自己在做的时候

Only when a craftsman is making (bows and arrows),

他才能说的他才能体会到是这样的

can he spell out the details (on how to make them).

现在我的主要嫡系传承人就是伊陈永

Now, my direct inheritor is Yi Chenyong.

他现在也是自治区技艺工艺美术大师了嘛

He’s also become a master of arts and craftsmanship in our autonomous region.

我的弓箭的这个图案创造

Many of the design patterns on my bows and arrows

好多地方都是他给我提出意见共同搞出来的

were collectively designed by the two of us.

儿子们现在在这方面努力

My sons are working hard,

所以我也就很放心将来会有大的发展

so I believe that remarkable progress will take place.

传承是不会有断代的

The inheritance (of our bow-and-arrow technique) won’t be cut off.

现在我们的国家越来越好了

Now our country develops well.

老百姓现在钱袋都鼓了 生活也很好了

People receive higher incomes, and our lives get better.

我们现在特别地高兴 希望我们的儿女们在这个新时代

We’re extremely pleased that the later generations are living in this great time.

[ Editor: Shi Ruoqi ]
 

Comment

View all

Comments are filtered for language and registration is not required. Guangming Online makes no guarantee of comments' factual accuracy. By posting your comment you agree to our house rules.